Lots of people are familiar with traditional solar power, but may not know what solar THERMAL is! Solar thermal is a renewable energy technology that uses the sun’s heat to generate hot water or to heat your home. Solar thermal systems can be used to provide all or a portion of your hot water needs, and they can also be used to supplement your home’s heating system.
There are many reasons why you should consider adding solar thermal to your home. Here are just a few:
- Save money on your energy bills. Solar thermal systems can save you money on your energy bills by reducing your reliance on fossil fuels. In fact, the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that solar thermal systems can save homeowners an average of $2,000 per year on their water heating bills.
- Reduce your carbon footprint. Solar thermal systems are a clean and renewable energy source, which means they don’t produce any emissions that contribute to climate change. By installing a solar thermal system, you can help reduce your home’s carbon footprint and make a positive impact on the environment.
- Increase your home’s value. Studies have shown that homes with solar thermal systems sell for more than homes without them. This is because buyers are increasingly looking for homes that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Increase your home’s comfort. Solar thermal systems can help keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This can lead to a more comfortable and energy-efficient home for you and your family.
- Increase your home’s security. Solar thermal systems can help make your home more secure by making it less attractive to burglars. This is because solar thermal systems are often installed in hard-to-reach places, such as on the roof.
If you’re looking for a way to save money, reduce your carbon footprint, and increase the value of your home, then solar thermal is a great option. Solar thermal systems are a clean, renewable, and efficient way to heat your water and your home.
Here are some additional things to consider when deciding whether or not to add solar thermal to your home:
- The cost of installation. The cost of installing a solar thermal system varies depending on the size of your home, the type of system you choose, and the installer you hire. However, the cost of solar thermal systems has been declining in recent years, and many state and federal government programs offer incentives to help offset the cost of installation.
- The amount of sunlight your home receives. Solar thermal systems work best in areas with a lot of sunlight. If your home doesn’t receive a lot of sunlight, you may need to purchase a larger system or consider a different type of renewable energy technology.
- Your home’s heating and cooling needs. If your home has a high demand for hot water or heating, then a solar thermal system may be a good option for you. However, if your home’s hot water and heating needs are relatively low, then a solar thermal system may not be worth the investment.
Overall, solar thermal is a great option for homeowners who are looking for a way to save money, reduce their carbon footprint, and increase the value of their home. If you’re curious about solar thermal for your Idaho home get in touch! We would love to chat with you about all we can offer!